Whilst there isn’t an official YouTube app for Windows Phone owing to Google’s wonderful decisions, there are still some wonderful YouTube apps available for the platform. TubeCast is one such app, which not only plays YouTube videos seamlessly on the phone, but can also cast them to other devices which support the standards. This includes smart televisions, chromecast, DLNA devices, XBOX and Android TV devices (Nexus TV).
Cast YouTube Videos from WP to Other Devices
Tubecast is a true all-in-one app for those who are addicted toi YouTube. Casting to other devices is a fairly simple process using TubeCast. The only requirement is that the phone and the device to cast to be connected to the same wireless (Wi-Fi). To cast, just:
- Open TubeCast app.
- Use the search button to search for videos.
- Choose a video to cast.
- On the video page, choose the quality (Tubecast can cast upto 1440p, if the phone is powerful).
- Tap on the cast icon () towards the rightmost part of the screen and choose a device to cast to.
- Enjoy the video on the bigger display. You can use the seek slider on the phone to move forward or backward in the video.
Features of Tubecast for Windows Phone
- Cast video or audio on your Smart TV (Samsung, Philips, LG, Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, Toshiba etc.), XBOX, PlayStation and other devices.
- Support for upto resolution upto QHD.
- Volume and Seek control on most devices.
- Preload videos for offline playback.
- Background playback and playback under lock screen.
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.