What is covered under Warranty & for How Long?
As with nearly all the mobile companies, the YU devices are covered under manufacturer warranty. The warranty period is calculated from the date of your purchase (invoiced date) and not on the date when you first started using it. Warranty duration is mentioned below:
- Mobile Phone – 1 year (12 months)
- Accessories (Battery, Charger, USB, Earphones; etc) – 6 months
Rooting, Unlocking the Bootloader, Flashing a custom ROM will all be covered under warranty except for the following situations under which the warranty will be void.
- Any kind of water damage.
- Any kind of accidental damage.
- Any kind of damage arising through wear and tear or rough usage of the product.
YU Customer Service Phone Number
In case of any problems, you can contact the YU customer service. However, for order and delivery related issues, you should contact Amazon or Snapdeal directly.
Phone Number – 1860-212-2122 | 8AM to 8PM (Sunday Closed)
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number – 1800-3000-9009 | Not accessible from BSNL/MTNL lines
Yunique buyers can contact Snapdeal for the order details or delivery information.
Phone Number – +91-92-126-92126 | Available 24×7
YU Service Center Locations
Initially, YU only offered service and support via its helpline and only doorstep service was provided. But YU recently announced the introduction of over 825 authorized service centers across the country where the customers can get their YU products serviced.
Just open the link above and scroll down where you need to select your state and city. A list of service centers in that locality will be presented. Most of these service centers are already providing service for Micromax phones and are just expanding to include YU products.
How to get my YU Product Serviced?
If you are facing an issue with your YU product (Yureka, Yuphoria, Yunique, Yupix, Yufit) or accessories, you can either move to a service center (details in the section above) or choose doorstep service. Process for doorstep service is mentioned below.
- Contact customer support via phone or email. (Details are provided in the beginning of the post).
- Depending on the training level of the representative, you’d be asked to do a couple of troubleshooting steps which may help in reviving your smartphone. If no, proceed.
- YU support will mark the issue and assign a ticket number for the device to be picked up and repaired/replaced.
- If your city/pin code is covered under their doorstep replacement, your phone will be picked up and a replacement will be provided. If it is not, you’d be asked to courier the device to be repaired or replaced.
- Your phone is replaced at your doorstep or repaired/replaced and sent back to you (depending on the availability of doorstep replacement).
The warranty of the replaced/repaired handset will valid for 12 months from the date of original purchase and not the replacement date.
If you have any questions or queries after thoroughly going through the post content and the FAQs, you can leave them in the comments section below and they will be answered with the best information available.