Unlocking bootloader is first thing which you need to do before installing custom ROMs. To unlock the bootloader of Sony smartphones you require a unlock code. The bootloader unlock code can be easily requested from the Sony’s support website.
Don’t Forget to backup TA partition. TA partition contains the DRM keys for your device. After unlocking your bootloader the DRM keys are erased, and applications like Bravia Engine in Music , Track ID won’t work, you also won’t get the OTA updates from SONY, etc.
Note: Do not flash someone else’s TA partition or your device will be bricked to a state from which it can no longer bee recovered.
Steps to Backup TA Partion
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options on your device and connect you device to PC.
- Download the program Backup TA from here.
- Extract the zip and open “Backup-TA.bat” file.
- Select Option 1 to Backup, and wait for the process to complete.
If you want to restore your Backup, select option 2 and then select the backup zip.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader
- To unlock the bootloader, go to this website to request the unlock code.
- Select your device and hit Continue.
- Enter your email address and click Submit. Now a confirmation mail will be sent to your email. Open you account and confirm it.
- Once you have confirmed it, now you need to put your IMEI [Dial *#06# on your dial pad to know your IMEI].
- You’ll receive the unlock code. Copy and paste it to some place as you’ll need it in the next step.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device and connect it to PC.
- Run the following commands to unlock your bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock "your unlock code"
- Now reboot your device by running the following command
That’s it. Now you have unlocked your bootloader and your are ready to flash custom ROM. 🙂
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.