Nokia phone users who have unlocked their bootloader can re-lock it at any point. Re-locking will remove the boring 5 second warning which shows before every boot. Your Nokia device will also pass the Android SafetyNet, allowing full access to Android Pay, NetFlix and other services.
Also, if you have only unlocked your bootloader to flash the stock ROM using OST, then it is a good idea to lock it after everything works fine.
Before locking the bootloader on your Nokia phone, ensure the following:
- You have made no modification on the system partition(s) and you are running stock ROM and stock recovery.
- You are on the same operating system as officially sold with the phone. For example, do not lock the Nokia 7 plus if Android P beta is installed.
- If you have made any changes to system, then flash the stock ROM.
Warning: Locking the bootloader will wipe all data stored on your device. So, backup important data before proceeding.
Steps to lock the bootloader
Applies to: Nokia 2, Nokia 3, Nokia 3.1, Nokia 5, Nokia 5.1, Nokia 6, Nokia 6.1, Nokia X6 (Nokia 6.1 plus), Nokia 7, Nokia 7 plus, Nokia 8, Nokia 8 Sirocco
- Reboot your Nokia phone to download mode.
- Connect to the PC using the USB cable.
- Check that your phone gets recognized by Fastboot by running:
- Run the following command to lock the bootloader. Then confirm on your phone.
fastboot oem lock-go
- If you have also unlocked critical, then run the following command (in addition to previous). Confirm the lock on your phone after running.
fastboot flashing lock_critical
Fastboot will delete all data on your phone and return it to the factory state. It will then lock the bootloader to stop any kind of tampering.
Feel free to comment down below if you face any issues 🙂
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.