YU Yureka is finally receiving the OFFICIAL update to Cyanogen 12 which packs Android 5.0 (Lollipop). The update is presently rolling out to Yureka users in a phased manner and will hopefully fix a few (if not all) of the bugs and issues. Other than that, the Cyanogen 12 update brings CyanogenMail, Exchange support, multiple account integration, App themer and many other goodies over the stock Android 5.0. Here’s how you can update and enjoy Android Lollipop on your Yureka smartphone.
OTA Update via Phone Settings (Available to many)
The easiest method to update Yureka to CM 12 (Lollipop) will be to make use of the OTA updates which will be delivered to Yureka phones in the next 3 days. While many users have already received, other users will receive a notification when an update is available, but they can check manually by going to Settings> About> System Update.
Manually Update via Recovery (Available, No Root Needed)
Couldn’t wait for the OTA update to be pushed to your Yureka or don’t have a fast data connection? You can simply download the update zip file and flash it manually by heading to the recovery. This does not need root access and will not void your warranty either. Updating via recovery is generally as safe as the OTA updates, but it is still recommended that you backup your important data before proceeding.
- Download CM 12 (Lollipop) zip (named: cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato-signed.zip) from HERE (646MB).
- Copy or move it to the /download folder in Phone Memory.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously.
- Wipe the cache and then select Apply Update > Choose from internal storage > 0/ > Download and select the CM 12 zip (cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato-signed.zip).
- When the flashing finishes, select Reboot system now and wait for the phone to restart and boot up to the new OS.
Few Screenshots Post Update
Are you able to update your phone to CM12 (Android 5.0)? If so, are you happy with the newest version? Leave your update experience in the comments section below.
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.