Nokia Mobile is rolling out the stable Android Pie update to all Nokia 7 Plus users globally. The device was part of Android P Developer Preview, hence it is the first Nokia phone to receive stable Pie update. Nokia is rolling out the update in phases to ensure smooth delivery. That means not all users will receive the update immediately in all regions. Update delivery to devices dependent on operators (US/EU) will take even longer.
Nokia is rolling out the update in a limited number of regions and only to some 10% of the users. If you are a Nokia 7 Plus user, still waiting to receive the Android Pie OTA update, then there’s a workaround. You can download the full package and sideload it to your Nokia 7 Plus. The package is same for all the users, irrespective of the region. Here’s how:
Manually install Android Pie update (322C) on Nokia 7 Plus
- Strictly for Nokia 7 Plus WW units (B2N_sprout). It will not flash on any other device.
- It is the full package, without requiring any pre-build. So, you can install it on top of the Pie beta or Oreo stable (older or latest).
1. Download full OTA package: First of all, download the full Android Pie package for Nokia 7 Plus from the following links:
2. Flash from recovery:
There are 2 ways to flash the update file. If you have SD card inserted into your phone, then copy the downloaded file to your SD card. Else, you can connect your phone to the PC and sideload using ADB.
- Reboot your Nokia 7 Plus into recovery mode.
- Select Apply update from SD card; or Apply update from ADB (if installing from PC using ADB).
- Choose the Android Pie update file which you have placed on your SD card and start the update.
- Reboot the phone after successful update.
3. Install Digital Wellbeing app
Users have noticed that Digital Wellbeing functionality is missing from the Nokia 7 Plus after updating to Android Pie. This is happening with all users, no matter if they updated directly via OTA or using the manual method as explained earlier. The app in the Play Store says that “Your device isn’t compatible with this version“.
To overcome this, you need to manually sideload the Digital Wellbeing app manually. Nokia 7 Plus users on Reddit confirmed it to be working.Download Digital Wellbeing app
Simply download the above apk and install it on your device. You need to enable unknown sources for the app which you will be using to open the apk installer.
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.