All the Android One users who have updated their phone to Android v6.0 i.e. updated to Marshmallow might have lost the root access. Now you will need to root your device again to do system modifications. Android One users will need to flash the Zeus kernel and Super SU.zip via TWRP. So here’s a step by step guide to root Android One devices which are updated to Android 6.0.
List of Andorid One devices Supported by Zeus Kernel
- Micromax Canvas A1
- Karbonn Sparkle V
- Spice Dream UNO
- MyPhone Uno
- Symphony Roar A50
- Cherry Mobile One
- Nexian Journey One
- Mito Impact
- Evercross One X
Prepare Your Device
- Custom Recovery like TWRP should be installed on your device.
- Your device must be fully charged or at least have 80% battery charge on it, as the process drains-out battery. If you don’t have enough charge then it could cause the device to shut down unexpectedly and break the rooting process, which could permanently damage the device.
- Take a backup of all your Important Data and Settings to prevent unexpected loss, as this process might wipe out all your data.
Steps To Root Android One
- Copy the downloaded Zeus Kernel and SuperSU.zip to your device internal storage or external storage.
- Now reboot your device in Recovery. To reboot your device to recovery, Power off your device, and then press and hold volume down and power keys together. Then choose recovery option when prompted.
- Take a nandroid backup of System, Data, Boot, Recovery & EFS partitions. Wait until the backup process completes. This may take some time.
- Now hit the “Install” option and browse the Zeus Kernel file and select it.
- Just swipe for the installing the kernel.
- After installing the kernel, now again select “Install” and this time browse the SuperSU.zip and flash it.
- Reboot your device.
That’s it, now you have rooted your Android One devices which are updated to Android 6.0. 🙂
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.