OnePlus 3 & 3T recently got the software update to Android 7 (Oxygen OS 4.x.x) i.e. Nougat. After the update, many OnePlus 3 devices are facing this odd issue in which the downloading from Play Store does not work anymore. While browsing Play Store works fine, when it comes to downloading, the file keeps waiting forever & ever.
Here are a few solutions which worked on 3 of our OnePlus 3 devices. You should give them a try and hopefully your OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T will start downloading your apps and games normally. Please do note that this might not help if you’re using mobile data and are roaming outside of your home circle.
Solution 1 – Turn on Data Saver
You should try this solution if downloading apps over a Wi-Fi connection works fine. Or if you’re only going to make use of mobile data for downloading apps. This fix only allowed us to download apps over a mobile data connection.
- Go to Settings > Data usage.
- Tap on 3 dots at the top right and select Data saver.
- Turn on Data saver.
- Tap on Unrestricted data access and disable for Google Play Store & Google Play Services.
- The apps should start downloading.
Do turn off data saver after you’ve finished downloading apps. Otherwise, some apps might not work when put in the background.
Solution 2 – Uninstall Updates for Google Play Store
You should try this solution if you are facing the downloading issue on both WiFi as well as cellular data. It helped us in using the Play Store normally over both the connections.
- Open Settings > Apps.
- Scroll down and tap on Google Play Store.
- Tap on the 3 dots at the top right.
- Choose Uninstall Updates.
- Open Play Store and try downloading the apps again. They should download fine.
Other Things to Try:
- Make sure Play Store and Play Services are set to allow in – Settings > Data usage > options > Data usage control.
- Uninstall updates for Google Play Services – Settings > Apps > options > show system > Google Play Services > options > Uninstall updates.
- Confirm that WiFi connection is not metered – Settings > Data usage > WiFi > Network restrictions.
- Uninstall Apps – TrueCaller, Paytm & AVG AntiVirus and see if the problem is resolved.
We did personally test the above solutions on 3 different devices affected by the same issue and the issue was sorted. But, we still need your opinion if you were able to fix the app downloading issue on your OP3 device. Please do let us know using the comments section below 🙂
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.