Although only a handful of devices have received the Android Marshmallow update so far, Google is already getting ready to release the next major version of Android i.e. the Android N. Although the name for Android N (possibly 7.0) is not decided yet, Google is allowing developers and keen users to try Android N as part of the developer preview, provided they have one of the supported devices.
If you have one of the device(s) listed below and want to install Android N on the same, this article provides step-by-step instructions to signup for the developer preview.
Devices Eligible for Android N Developer Preview
- Nexus 6
- Nexus 9
- Nexus 5X
- Nexus 6P
- Nexus Player
- Pixel C
- Android One smartphones
Steps to Enroll For the Developer Preview of Android N
These beta releases are sure to have some bugs, so installing on a daily driver is not recommended.
- Open your internet browser and head to Android Beta Program.
- Sign In with your Google account.
- Scroll down and you will find the heading – Your eligible devices.
- If you have one of the eligible devices connected to your Google account, an ENROLL DEVICE option will appear next to it. Click on it to continue.
- Now check the box to confirm your agreement to the Terms And Condition and finally click Join BETA.
- Now a message will Pop up stating Device enrolled.
- You will get the software update notification instantly or within a few hours. You can also manually check for updates from the settings menu of your device.
- Once you see the notification, click download.
- Wait for download to complete. Once its downloaded click on Reboot & Install to proceed with the installation of the update. Make sure you have 50% or higher of battery charge remaining before proceeding with the installation.
We’d love to know your experience with Android N. So, if you’ve updated to the latest release, feel free to leave your opinion about the same in the comments section below.
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.