There are more than a million apps available for installation in the Google Play Store. Most of these apps are updated on a daily to add new features, improve performance, fix bugs, etc. After updating the app, the developers need someone to test the new version and report the bugs and issues to them before releasing it to the public. These tests are carried out by beta testers. The Google Play Store gives you an option to help the developer by testing the pre-release version of the app by becoming a beta tester.
Also by becoming a beta tester, you get to know about the new and upcoming features of the app, and you can try them out before the regular users get hands-on. So if you want to become a beta tester then follow the below steps.
Steps to Become a Beta Tester for Google Play Apps
You can join in the list of beta testers for an app by following the steps below. However, do not that not all app developers publish a beta version with open access. You can only access the beta versions of apps for which the developers publish a beta version. You will be asked to join the user community of certain apps before you are enrolled into the beta.
- Open Google play store and search for the application you want to test.
- Scroll down and if the application allows users to become a beta tester, you will see a card saying Become A Beta Tester.
- Click on I’m in. Now anther pop up message will appear where you need to confirm the action. Just click on Join.
- Once you have joined you will see the following message as Beta Signup in Progress which will get changed to You’re a beta tester in some time. That’s it now you are a beta tester.
- If you want to see all the apps for which you are signed up as a beta tester, go to My Apps & Games and switch to the 3rd tab marked BETA.
Steps to Leave Beta Program
Apps provided under beta access are sometimes not ready for primetime usage and may sport many bugs. If you can’t handle the number of bugs, you can switch back to the stable version of the app by leaving the beta program for the app. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Select the App from the BETA list in My Apps & Games Section and scroll down. You will see a card saying You are Beta Tester.
- There you will see an option saying Leave. Tap on it.
- A message will pop up to confirm your action. Just tap on Leave again.
- Wait for a few minutes to get fully out of the beta program. Then re-install the app.
Do you know of some apps which allow beta access? Let us know and we will try to create a list of all those apps 🙂
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.