Google Plus is growing at a fast pace and after Google’s recent step of forcing all YouTube users to have a Google Plus account, number of users and the overall activity is constantly increasing. Now if you are a blogger or a webmaster, it becomes equally important to share your posts on Google Plus either on your Profile of the Business Page. Doing this manually is never a solution, so here’s how share automatically to Google Plus.
Automatically share new Posts to Google Plus using Jetpack
Jetpack is a plugin developed by WordPress.com team for self-hosted WordPress blogs. It makes lots of goodies from the wordpress.com service available to the bloggers self-hosting their WordPress blogs.
The latest update to JetPack plugin added the support to share content to Google Plus in addition to the already available sharing options like Facebook, Twitter and Linked In. If you don’t already have Jetpack installed on your blog, install and connect it to your WordPress.com account (free) and start sharing.
To share to Google Plus follow these steps:
- Enable Publicize from Jetpack Modules page (Dashboard> Jetpack)
- Open Sharing settings (Dashboard> Settings> Sharing)
- Click on Connect in front of Google Plus.
- Login to your Google Account and you’ll be taken to account selection screen.
- Select the account and grant the permissions. The default permissions should be fine though. Click on Accept.
- That’s it. You’ll be taken back to your WordPress blog if the authorization is successful.
From now on when you’ll write a post, the Publicize option will be available in the Publish widget where you can customize the title of the Google Plus share and also disable sharing on a particular post.
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.