Windows 10 is a personal computer operating system developed by Microsoft and officially made available in September. Till now everyone would be aware of the features of Windows 10 but most of us might not be knowing the keyboard shortcut available.
So here’s the List of Shortcut Keys
- Windows key => Open and Close the START Menu
- +1, +2,..etc => Switch to the desktop and launch the nth application in the taskbar. For example, +1 launches whichever application is first in the list, numbered from left to right.
- +A => Open the action center.
- +B => Highlight the notification area.
- +C => Launch Cortana into listening mode. Users can begin to speak to Cortana immediately.
- +D => Switch between Show Desktop (hides/shows any applications and other windows) and the previous state.
- +E => Switch to the desktop and launch File Explorer with the Quick Access tab displayed.
- +H => Open the Share.
- +I => Open the Settings app.
- +K => Open the Connect pane to connect to wireless displays and audio devices.
- +L => Lock the device and go to the Lock screen.
- +M => Switch to the desktop and minimize all open windows
- +O => Lock device orientation.
- +P => Open the Project pane to search and connect to external displays and projectors.
- +R => Display the Run dialog box.
- +S => Launch Cortana. Users can begin to type a query immediately.
Note-Cortana is only available in certain countries/regions, and some Cortana features might not be available everywhere. If Cortana is unavailable or disabled, this command opens Search. Or Try this Tutorial to Unlock Cortana in your region
- +T => Cycle through the apps on the taskbar.
- +U => Launch the Ease of Access Center.
- +V => Open the advanced menu in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- +X => Open the app-specific command bar.
- +Z => Open the app-specific command bar.
- +ENTER => Launch Narrator.
- +SPACEBAR => Switch input language and keyboard layout.
- +TAB => Open Task view.
- +, => Peek at the desktop.
- +Plus Sign => Zoom in.
- + Minus Sign => Zoom out.
- +ESCAPE => Close Magnifier.
- +LEFT ARROW => Dock the active window to the left half of the monitor.
- +RIGHT ARROW => Dock the active window to the right half of the monitor.
- +UP ARROW => Maximize the active window vertically and horizontally.
- +DOWN ARROW => Restore or minimize the active window.
- +SHIFT+UP ARROW => Maximize the active window vertically, maintaining the current width.
- +SHIFT+DOWN ARROW => Restore or minimize the active window vertically, maintaining the current width.
- +SHIFT+LEFT ARROW => With multiple monitors, move the active window to the monitor on the left.
- +SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW => With multiple monitors, move the active window to the monitor on the right.
- +HOME => Minimize all non-active windows; restore on second keystroke.
- +PRT SCR => Take a picture of the screen and place it in the Computer>Pictures>Screenshots folder.
- +CTRL+LEFT/RIGHT ARROW => Switch to the next or previous virtual desktop.
- +CTRL+D => Create a new virtual desktop.
- +CTRL+F4 => Close the current virtual desktop.
- +? => Launch the Windows Feedback App.
So try all the shortcuts 😀 🙂