Update: Jio announced that Jio Summer Surprise offer is withdrawn. New subscribers will not be able to enjoy 3 months of free services. However, users who have already subscribed will be able to enjoy the free services.
Reliance’s chairman Mukesh Ambani in a letter announced the Jio’s Summer Surprise offer as a token of appreciation & gratitude. He also mentioned that Jio would be no longer free. There are many things which are not clear and hence we’re trying to answer some of the most frequent questions and doubts which people have regarding the Reliance Jio Summer Surprise offer. If there’s something we missed, feel free to ask it in the comments at the end of the post 🙂
- 1 Has Happy New Year offer Ended?
- 2 Is this the End of Free Services?
- 3 Can I Get the Jio Prime subscription Now?
- 4 What is Summer Surprise offer?
- 5 How to get Summer Surprise offer?
- 6 Am I Eligible for Summer Surprise offer if I enroll for Prime membership now ?
- 7 Whats are the benefits & validity of Summer Surprise offer?
- 8 Is Summer Surprise offer free?
- 9 What happens to Prime users who recharged for less than Rs 303?
- 10 Who recharged for Rs 149, how this Rs 149 will be adjusted?
But, no this is not the end of the free services.
The reason is that Jio is giving a grace period of 15 days for Jio users who are yet to subscribe to its plans.
But you should get it before 15th April.
How to Enroll – Reliance Jio Prime Membership
But wait! If you see in another way, it’s free as the Rs 303 recharge will be applied only after the end of Summer surprise offer i.e. you will get 28GB 4G data along with free calls and other services for four months. And the Rs 99 which you pay is to get the Prime membership which is for 1 year.
For now our assumption is that, your plans will be activated like this – three months free until June. Then your Rs. 303 plan will be activated for the month of July and then Rs. 149 plan for the month of August.
But who knows? Maybe Mukesh Ambani will throw another offer when the Summer Surprise offer comes to an end? 😉
If you have any other questions just drop them in the comments section. We will get the answers for you. 🙂