Update: WhatsApp now officially supports Nokia X Series and hence the tutorial below has been modified accordingly.
Nokia X family, the first Nokia phones running Android have already started seeding in various markets and if you’ve picked one up, you’d notice that WhatsApp is not present in the Nokia Store yet. But there is still the way to install it. Here’s how:
How to Install WhatsApp on Nokia X, X+, X2 and XL
On 2nd September 2014, WhatsApp released an update (version 2.11.371) which directly supports the Nokia X series devices. I’ve personally tried it on the Nokia X2 and it worked pretty smooth.
- On your phone, go to settings> security and check the box in front of Unknown Sources.
- Click here to download the latest version of WhatsApp on your Nokia X device. Wait for the download to finish (you can check the download progress in the Fastlane by swiping right from the homescreen).
- When the download finishes, tap on the downloaded WhatsApp.apk file to begin the installation.
- When installed, just open WhatsApp and complete the verification.
- Start using WhatsApp on your Nokia X, X+ and XL.
Finally it is moment of rejoice for the Nokia X users as there isn’t a need of workarounds anymore and you can install WhatsApp normally on your Nokia X, X+, XL and X2.
Please comment below if it works for you or not. Your feedback will help others