It’s been less than a month since the launch of OnePlus 3 and OnePlus is already set to push a major update towards the device to fix some issues initially reported by reviewers and users. Besides other improvements, the Oxygen OS 3.2.0 update is majorly targeted to bringing the sRGB mode, fixes towards RAM management so more apps stay in memory, tweaks with GPS and audio playback. The following is the full list of changes it brings:
New Features in Oxygen OS 3.2.0 Update
- Enabled sRGB mode in developer options.
- Improved RAM management.
- Improved GPS performance.
- Enhanced audio playback quality.
- Updated custom icon packs.
- Fixed some issues with notifications.
- Improved camera quality/functionality.
- Fixed some issues in Gallery.
- Implemented latest Google security patches.
- Fixed bugs in Clock/Music apps.
Manually Update OnePlus 3 to Oxygen OS 3.2.0
The update is already rolling out to devices globally, but as usual, the update is being rolled in a phased manner which means that not all devices will receive it at the same time.
If you have enough patience, just wait for the available update notification on your device or try hitting the Check for Update button in Settings> System updates. If you’re too eager to update, just download the OTA zip file and flash it via recovery mode. Here’s how:
Option 1 – Using a Germany based VPN
OnePlus users from Germany have always been the first ones to receive OTA updates. It is no different this time again. If you cannot find the update in your region, using a Germany based VPN can help.
- Install Free VPN Proxy by Snap VPN from Play Store. Link here. You can also use any other VPN which provides you with a connection from Germany.
- Open app and choose Germany from the list.
- When connected (a key icon would appear in the top bar). Go to Settings> System Updates and tap Check for Update.
- There are high chances that the update will be detected this time.
- Update and enjoy.
Due to it being a VPN, the speed might be slower than your usual connection speed. So please show enough patience and wait for update (396MB) to download.
Option 2 – Download Update and Flash via ADB
- On your PC, download the OOS 3.2.0 update zip file from here (396MB). Rename the downloaded file to update.zip . Alternatively you can download the full ROM from here (1.2GB).
- Make sure ADB & drivers are installed on your PC.
- Open the folder where you’ve saved the update.zip file. Hold down shift key and right-click to choose Open command window here.
- Shut down the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys together to boot the device into recovery mode.
- Use the volume keys to navigate and power key to select – Choose English> Install from ADB> OK.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB cable and type the following command in the command prompt window.
adb sideload update.zip
- Reboot when the update completes. The first boot can take a little longer since it needs to optimize the apps.
Don’t forget your experience post successfully updating your OnePlus 3 to Oxygen OS 3.2.0, be it good, bad and even if you’re stuck somewhere.