Nokia is always known to provide regular software updates to its devices to eliminate any bugs and to add newer functionality. The same story continues as new software update for Nokia 206 and Nokia 206 Dual have started to roll out.
The update is being called a major update and pushes the version number to 4.51 and adds WhatsApp support for the Dual SIM variant besides the other general tweaks and improvements.
What’s new in Nokia 206 4.51 Update
Talking about the change-log for the update, Nokia notes the following:
- Improved phone call quality: The calls will be clearer and if you were facing slight network issues, they’ll be eliminated.
- Self-Portarit voice guidance has been improved.
- Added WhatsApp (for dual sim) and YouTube launchers.
- Other general performance improvements making the phone stable.
- App Updates: Facebook, Twitter, eBuaddy, News and Offers, Email and Notifications apps updated.
Updating Nokia 206
As Nokia 206 doesn’t support updating via Nokia Suite, the only option left is to use FOTA or else visit Nokia Care and get the phone updated. To update via FOTA, follow these steps:
Note: Backup your phone [Menu> Settings> Sync and Backup> Create Backup] before initiating the update as you might lose some important data.
- Open Menu> Settings> Phone.
- Select Device/Phone Updates.
- Select Download Phone Software.
- Follow the further instructions.