Google Play store is the most enriched Android app store with millions of apps available for direct download to devices compatible with Google Play. Although 3rd party stores like 1MobileMarket do exist and are doing a great job, a lot of low profile developers only submit apps to the Play Store and not the 3rd party stores.
If you have an Android device which does not support Google Services (like the Nokia X or the Amazon Kindle), or if a particular game/app is not compatible with your Android smartphone, you can use f0llow the steps below to download APK files off the Google Play Store without the need of a Google Account and the supported Android device.
Download APK Files from Google Play Directly
Have an Android Device which does not come with Google Play? Or need an app which is not supported on your phone, hence cannot be downloaded? Read below
- Open play.google.com/store/ in your web browser (of your phone or PC) and search for the Application that you need.
- From the search results, open the specific Google Play page of that application/game i.e. the detailed page which is presented to you upon clicking on an item from the search results.
- Copy the full URL/Address of this page.
- Open apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/ in a new browser window or tab and paste the Google Play URL (that you copied in previous step) in the Package Name or Google Play URL Field.
- Click on Generate Download Link.
- The web service will take a coupe of minutes to download the application from the Google Play Store and then present you the download link.
- Click on Click here to download [package name] to start the download of your APK file.
- Copy it to your phone and install it the same way you do with rest of the apps.
- Use the Force Update button on the Download Page if the service keeps on providing you a locally cached and outdated version of the app.
- In case you were thinking, NO the service won’t let you download paid apps for free. It’s only for the free applications.
- The service may go down at certain periods. If that happens, retry after a while.
Update: Another Tool to Download APK
If the above tool by evozi is not working, you can try this new alternative tool found at
download.freeapk.ru/en.php (the service has since been taken down). It works the same way as the above tool, so steps will be almost the same. You just need to enter the Google Play URL of the app and it will be locally cached by the tool to be made available for download.