In the process of making ROMs and testing them, many of the Nokia X2 devices faced the SIM OFFLINE problem. Even many of the Nokia X2 users are facing SIM OFFLINE issue after flashing wrong ROMs which were never supposed to be flashed on the Nokia X2. So far there is no 100% working fix, but the following has worked for me and hopefully will do for others as well.
Steps to Fix SIM Offline Error
- Rooted Nokia X2
- Terminal Emulator – If you don’t have it you can download i from here.
- Required Partition files. Download them from here.
- Extract the downloaded Partition zip and place it in the SD card. Note the file location. In my case it is “/storage/sdcard1/partition/”.
(Keep note of your location because you will need to replace my location with your location in the upcoming steps.)
- Open Terminal Emulator and type the following command.
- It will prompt for granting superuser permissions. Allow it.
- Now you need to flash the partitions one by one.
- Flash the misc partition. Type the following command. (Better use copy paste to eliminate errors)
dd if=/storage/sdcard1/partition/misc.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p22
- Flash the Presist partition. Type the following command:
dd if=/storage/sdcard1/partition/persist.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p18
- Flash the Modem partition. Type the following command:
dd if=/storage/sdcard1/partition/modem.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1
- After this reboot your device.
- Even after the reboot you will see that your SIM offline issue is not solved.
- Now the final step is to flash back the complete firmware using Nokia Software Recovery Tool. Once the flashing process completes and device is booted back up, then you will see that the SIM offline problem is solved. You can Download Nokia Software Recovery tool from here.
- To flash back the complete firmware your can check this tutorial. How to: Reinstall Software of Nokia X2
That’s it. Now you have fixed the SIM offline error. I would like to thank Taufik Hidayat for making the partition dump and for providing the terminal commands.
If you have any questions then you can ask them using the comments section below 🙂
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.