Nokia X2, the last device launched before the Nokia X Platform was announced to be discontinued received a major update update which pushes the current software version to 220.127.116.11 and brings a bunch of much-needed improvements such as the Google Services support and a better mapping experience with the updated Here maps app. It seems Microsoft is working hard to give the users a satisfactory experience before the support for them is taken down.
New Features in Nokia X Platform Update 18.104.22.168
The 22.214.171.124 software update is being seeded to the Dual SIM Nokia X2 devices (RM-1013) and is available globally. The official change-log notices the following major changes, but there must be more:
- Camera – Capture fast-moving objects with the new Smart Mode, and create unique photos by using the Action shot, Best shot, or Motion blur options.
- Lock Screen – Make your phone more personal than ever with live wallpapers and new lock screen widgets.
- OneDrive & OneNote Added – Keep your life synced with OneDrive and OneNote. Get up to 15 GB of personal storage space on OneDrive, and sync up to 500 notes to OneNote.
- Google Services Support – Access your favorite Google services. You can now sync your Google contacts, and access your Gmail inbox. (Does it also support Play Store? Somebody please confirm)
- Updated Here Maps – Find your way anywhere with HERE Maps – get turn-by-turn voice guidance with a free global navigation license. Requires additional HERE Maps update from Store.
- Updated Nokia Store – Updated Store – new design to help you find content more easily, and better integration with 3rd-party stores.
- Calendar, Call Rejection, Parental Controls and Misc – Added local calendar support, call reject with a message, parental controls for Store, landscape support for mail and messaging, and auto-configuration of mail accounts.
The update will be available Over-the-Air (OTA) and has an approximate size of 200MB. So make sure you connect to a WiFi network before downloading the update. If your phone does not automatically show an update, you can manually force a check for updates by going to Settings> About Phone> System Updates and tapping Check Now.
Once you receive the update, do let us know your thoughts. Was the update satisfying? Have you found some other changes than the ones noted above? Do comment below 🙂