Microsoft has been busy doing the migration away from the Nokia brand and it seems to be complete now. Microsoft has today made the first Microsoft branded smartphone official. Dubbed Lumia 535, the phone beats nearly every other phone (from a reputed OEM) at its price. However we still need to see the extent of sales which will be affected by the Microsoft branding over Nokia.
Specifications of the Microsoft Lumia 535
The Microsoft Lumia 535 is a killer smartphone for the price point it will target. The phone comes with a decent selfie camera which will definitely steal some sales from other manufacturers. Below is a quick glance at some of the key specifications and features of first Microsoft branded smartphone.
- Display: 5-inches IPS LCD w/ Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- Display Resolution: qHD (960 x 540)
- Primary (Back) Camera: 5MP AutoFocus with LED Flash
- Secondary (Front) Camera: 5MP with Wide Angle lens
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 (Quad Core 1.2Ghz)
- RAM: 1GB
- Inbuilt Storage: 8GB (expandable via SD card up to 128GB) + 15 GB storage at OneDrive
- Network: 3G and 2G network support
- Battery: 1905 mAh (BL-L4A)
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor
- Colors available: bright green, bright orange, white, dark grey, cyan and black
Other Enhancements and Features:
- Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Denim
- Double-tap to wake
- Word flow keyboard (like Swype)
- Sunlight readability enhancements
- Cortana (not available in all markets)
- Microsoft Office built-in
- Most apps can be completely installed on SD card
Price and Availability of Microsoft Lumia 535
The most attractive thing about the Lumia 535 is it’s price. It is really made to penetrate into the market and bring some attention to Windows Phone as well as the Microsoft brand. Microsoft will surely have a very low profit margin for the Lumia 535.
Microsoft Lumia 535 is priced EUR 110 (before taxes and subsidy). So while we still need to wait for the price at which it actually lands in the market, a rough estimate can be taken as below:
₹8500. Update: It is officially launched for ₹9199
PHP (Philippines): 6700 Pesos
Lumia 535 and Lumia 535 Dual SIM will begin rolling out to key markets in November starting with China, Hong Kong and Bangladesh. In India, it is expected to launch in early December, while UK will see it only in Q1 2015 when it expands to other markets.
What are your impressions about the Lumia 535? Are you convinced to purchase it after looking at the specs or are they uninteresting? Let us know in the comments section below 🙂
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.