Nokia has just started the rollout of stable Android 10 to the Nokia 7.1 units globally. The update is on a phased rollout (as always). That means, not all regions will receive it at the same time. If you cannot wait to experience Android 10 on your Nokia 7.1, then you can follow this guide to download and install it manually. You can also follow it if you do not have access to a Wi-Fi connection and limited phone data.
Android 10 brings the brand new dark theme to Android, which will make supported apps easier on eyes. Android 10 for Nokia 7.1 also brings full gesture navigation. There are also some improvements to app permissions, giving you more control over your privacy.
How to Install Android 10 on Nokia 7.1 manually
Let’s proceed to the object of the article. You can manually install the Android 10 update on Nokia 7.2 by following the steps below.
- Download the Android 10 update file for Nokia 7.1. The update is versioned 4.08B and the full file structure is CTL-408B-0-00WW-B03.
Download link: (1.2 GB) Click Here
- If you have a MicroSD memory card, then save the above update file to your memory card. Else, save it on your computer/PC.
- Reboot the phone into the recovery mode. You can use the following command from a PC after opening a command window in the ADB and Fastboot folder. Else you can use the key combinations as explained here.
adb reboot bootloader
- On the “No Command” screen, press and hold the power key. With that held, press and release the Volume Up key. You will enter the recovery mode. Now you can release the power key.
- If using a Memory Card: Use the volume keys to highlight “Apply update from SD card”. Then press the Power key. Now select the update file from the list of files on the memory card and press power key to begin installation.
If using the PC: Send the update file to the phone using the following command:
adb sideload 29ad191f90eedc643ed008dc06c81ed3c5b5565a.zipMake sure that you have placed the update file in the same folder in which you have opened the command window.
- Wait for the update installation to finish.
- Select Reboot in the recovery mode to boot your Nokia 7.1 into the brand new Android 10 experience.
Remember that the Android 10 release is still quite fresh and there can be some bugs that Nokia Mobile will fix in the coming maintenance releases. Be sure to report any bugs on the Nokia Community Forums to bring them to their attention.
Thanks to Ravin for capturing and sharing the OTA update URL.