Google releases ADB (Android Debug Bridge) and Fastboot binaries as part of its Android Platform Tools release. They are also bundled with the Android SDK, which is a big download and not necessary for a casual user. Even with the Platform Tools release, there are files that will not be used by most users. The most common usage of ADB and Fastboot by casual users is to boot or flash ROMs & recoveries or to grant some elevated permissions using ADB.
So, what we’ll do here is that we’ll extract only the ADB and Fastboot files from the latest Platform Tools release. We will then bundle those with a handy 1-line .bat script and call it “Minimal ADB and Fastboot”. The .bat script will allow you to quickly open Windows Command Prompt in the same directory as the ADB and Fastboot. The minimal ADB and Fastboot do not require any installation. You can start using it directly after downloading it.
Download the latest version of ADB and Fastboot – 31.0.3
You can download the latest version of Minimal ADb and Fastboot from the link(s) below. We’ll keep the download link to the most current release published by Google. We do not tamper any of the files. They are assured 100% clean with an added advantage of 1-click access to the CMD window in the current directory.
The latest version of ADB and Fastboot is included with Google’s platform tools version 31.0.3.
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.41 Version 31.0.3-7562133
Download Links (Windows only):
The downloads provided herein are for Windows only. They will not work on Mac or Linux.Download from Google Drive
PS: We’ll be using Google drive’s versioning to update to the newest versions. So, the above download link will always stay current. You can bookmark it for future usage.
Steps – How to use ADB and Fastboot
You can use the release with any smartphone unless the OEM has developed its own version of Fastboot. If you are new, here’s how to get started.
- Make sure that you have installed the ADB and Fastboot drivers as provided by your smartphone manufacturer.
- Download the Minimal ADB & Fastboot zip from the links above and extract the zip to a folder of your choice.
- Double click on “Open CMD here”.
- A Command Prompt window will open and you can begin typing your commands. For example, the following command is used to look for a device:
- If you have an Android phone connected to the PC with USB debugging enabled, you will get a response with the device serial number. Now you can start using your ADB or Fastboot commands.
We hope you will find our Minimal ADB and Fastboot as a helpful addition to the already existing Platform Tools and other repacks. Please comment down below if you liked it or also if you want something to be added/removed or changed.