Nokia is continuously bringing new and improved features to its Lumia range of phones. The dedication of Nokia is so much that at a some point we feel that Nokia is doing a better job than Microsoft in supporting the platform. One of these great creations by Nokia is the ability to block calls and SMS from certain numbers. This feature comes in the form of an update to Extras and Info app and can be used by all the devices running Nokia Amber Update.
If your device was shipped with the Amber pre-installed (Lumia 625, 925 and 1020), or if you’ve already received the Amber updates (Most Lumia 920s have), you can follow the steps below to block calls and SMS from particular numbers.
Blocking Calls and SMS from Certain Numbers
Although its super simple and easy to use, still here are the steps which you can follow on your Nokia Lumia to block a number from Calling or Texting you.
- Tap on the Phone tile to open your recent calls.
- Long tap on the number from which you want to block Calls and SMS.
- Tap on Block Number…
- Accept the confirmation and from then onwards, you won’t receive any calls or texts from that particular number.
- Follow the same steps to add any more numbers to the blocked list.
Removing Blocked Numbers, Logs and Deactivating Blocking
Once a number is blocked, its obvious that you will not be willing to let it stay in the blocked list forever. So here’s the solution for that.
- Swipe Right from Start Screen to reach All Apps
- Tap on Settings and locate Call + SMS Filter
- Here you can:
- Turn call blocking Off and On.
- Manage which numbers are blocked.
- Check the logs about How many call and SMS were blocked.
- Manage some Advanced settings like Notifications and block withheld numbers.
- You can also block calls from callers who are not showing their numbers i.e. using Private Numbers for calling.