Asus is pushing the first ever Android Marshmallow update to its Zenfone 2 series of devices. The first device in line to receive the Marshmallow sweetness is the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE500KL). The update is supposedly removing a lot of bloat (pre-installed apps) while adding the new features from Android M, one major being the permissions choice.
Updating Zenfone 2 Laser to Marshmallow
Stay tuned for other Zenfone 2 Laser models (
The Marshmallow update is already out for the ZE500KL and ZE550KL variants of the Zenfone 2 laser. It will be pushed to devices as FOTA (Firmware Over the Air) in a phased manner. Asus expects a timeline of 7 days during which different devices will notify of the update and users will be able to start downloading the same.
You will receive a notification when the update is ready to be installed on your device. Alternatively, you can go to Settings> About> System Update to manually check for updates and initiate the download (if available).
What’s New? (Update Change-log)
Update version number:
ZE500KL – 188.8.131.52_M3.6.44
ZE550KL – 21.40.1220.1615
The marshmallow update for Zenfone 2 laser brings following changes:
- Android Marshmallow
- Reduced user-available internal storage
- Apps cannot be moved to the SD card. Move existing apps from the SD card to internal storage before installing the update
- Multi-User function will not be available. However, users already added will be carried forward
- Apps added – Google Calendar, Google Messenger, Dr. Booster
- Apps removed – Omlet, Data Transfer, Photo Frame, ASUS Backup, Dr. Safety, What’s Next, Party Link, Remote Link, PC Link, Yahoo Shopping, EZ Ding, TripAdvisor, Zinio, iReader, Dr.eye, Google+, Puffin Browser, Mirror, Google settings (Integrated in ASUS Settings), Asus Email, Asus Calendar, Asus Messaging
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.