Nokia Mobile is hard at work in the new year to update its devices to Android 10. In the 8 days of January 2020, Nokia Mobile has already updated 3 of its best-sellers to Android 10. The devices updated just now include the Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 7 Plus and the Nokia 6.1. This makes a total of 6 Nokia smartphones already running on Android 10.
The trio is receiving similar builds versioned 410C weighing around 1.45GB (approximately). The updates to each bring the Android Security Patch level of December 2019. Android 10 brings a host of new features including a new dark theme layout, gesture-based navigation and improved controls over privacy and permissions.
This is not the end though. Nokia guarantees 2 years of Android OS updates to all of its Android One smartphones. The next wave of Android 0 delivery should target the Nokia 6.2, Nokia 7.2 and the Nokia 8 Sirocco. After that, they need to update their more affordable devices such as the Nokia 4.2, 3.2, 5.1 Plus, 3.1 Plus, and others.
Download links for manual install (via recovery mode)
The updates are released at different intervals in different regions. So, it will take a while for the updates to show up for you. If you cannot wait for the update to arrive at your device, or if you are having trouble installing it, then you can opt for a manual install. You can install Android 10 on your Nokia 6.1, 6.1 Plus and 7 Plus by downloading the file from the below link and installing it from the stock Android recovery mode.
- Download for Nokia 6.1 (PL2-410C-0-00WW-B03)
- Download for Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG-410C-0-00WW-B03)
- Download for Nokia 7 Plus (B2N-410C-0-00WW-B03)
Thanks: Vicente for sharing the update links for Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 7 Plus. Also thanks to Marvin for capturing the link for Nokia 6.1
How to install Manually?
- Copy the update file to your Nokia phone. If you have a MicroSD card, then copy it to the MicroSD card. Else download the file to your computer/PC.
- Reboot your Nokia phone into the Android recovery mode. You can find the steps in this post.
- If using an SD Card: Select Apply update from SD card and then locate the update file on your memory card to start the install process.
If you do not have SD card: Select Apply update from ADB and then connect the phone to your PC. Then send the update file from your PC to the phone using the following command:
adb sideload <filename>
- Wait for the update to install. Once the install finishes, select Reboot from the recovery mode to restart your phone in the normal mode.
Congrats! Now you are on Android 10. The manual install does not affect your ability to install software updates in the future. Whenever a new update is available, you can install it the same way as you used to.