Microsoft is rolling out the redesigned outlook.com to some users. The freshly designed interface is currently in the beta stage. Only a small number of users are receiving the toggle to “try the beta”. If you’re still waiting for Microsoft to enable the toggle for your account, then you do not need to wait. There is a neat, legit and legal trick to start using the beta today. That is without any invites or enrolling using the toggle.
Access the Outlook.com beta interface without any opt-in
The trick to use the new beta interface of Outlook.com is simple – use the direct URL. You can then bookmark the URL for easier and 1-click access to beta version of Outlook.com. So, here’s how it goes:
Manual way – By editing the URL:
- Open Outlook.com in your web browser and login if prompted.
- After your mailbox has loaded, edit the URL by removing /owa/ (and everything after it). Then add /mail/ at the end of the URL.
- Hit Enter/Return to load the page and enjoy the new version of Outlook.
Do note that you will need to repeat the steps everytime you want to access the beta version of Outlook.
Automatic way – Open the URL & bookmark it for future
You can free yourself from the hassle of editing the URL every time. Simply visit the following link to access the new upgraded version of outlook.com. You can also bookmark the URL for easier and 1-click access in the future.
Direct URL to access Outlook.com beta – https://outlook.live.com/mail/
You can click the link above or else copy and paste the URL into your web browser to reach the new beta version of Outlook.com.
You will need to continue using the link above until Microsoft rolls out the new version to you or provides the “Try the beta” toggle to your account.
New features in the Outlook.com beta
With this update, Outlook.com is receiving the third design update since inception. There have been a number of under-the-hood changes, however, to name a few, here’s a quick list:
- The search bar is moved from the sidebar to the top for easier access.
- Photohub – Lets you easily access photos from your emails by bringing them all to one place. The search can further filter down photos to easily find what you’re looking for.
- Search for GIFs and add them to messages to express yourself to the fullest
- Attachment previews