Sometimes while updating the phone or when you’re just completely out of luck, your Nokia phone may not install any new applications because it has lost all its certificates which are used to install signed applications to the phone and allot them proper permissions depending on how much can they be trusted.
People keep asking me for help regarding this same question again and again. So I’m publishing a solution here to help anyone who faces a No Valid Certificate or Certificate not on phone or SIM error on his Nokia S40 phone (even other phones can get the certificates through this method. Just give it a try.
Procedure to re-install Nokia s40 certificates
All you need to do is to open the certificates in the phone’s default browser. Opera Mini or Nokia Browser will NOT work. I’ve uploaded the certificates onto the server here, so it is just a few easy steps for you.
- Compose a new SMS in your phone.
- Write http://bit.ly/NokiaCertificate as the content.
- Now either save this SMS as draft or send it to your own number so that you can access its content in the message viewer.
- In the message viewer, select the link and open it (tap on it in case of touch phones).
- From the page that opens (http://resources.techmesto.com/NokiaCertificates/), keep clicking on the various certificates and Install them.
- The certificates will be installed and available for approving signed apps.
- To confirm, you can Goto Settings> Security> Authority Certificates
If you have access to a PC and a fast internet connection, you can also get the certificates back by Re-Installing the phone’s firmware through Nokia Suite or Nokia PC Suite (for older phones).
To do that,connect your phone to the PC and open Nokia Suite. Now goto Tools> Software Updates and select to re-install the phone’s software.
As always please make use of the comments section below to share your experience with us 🙂
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.