Starting today, Lumia Cyan update will roll out to the Nokia branded Windows phone devices in a phased manner. The update is initially rolling out to the Lumia 625 and Lumia 925 devices in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Africa and Middle East. In the coming weeks, it will then gradually be rolled out to other devices in various areas depending on their particular product code.
Check if Lumia Cyan is available for your device
As the update is pushed to the devices based on their model, region and operator, it can take a few weeks to even months (usually in the US) for the update to be available for your Nokia Lumia device. However, you can keep a check on the preset status of the update by following the official links below:
Click on the appropriate link referring to your continent or region. Then use the Find tool in your browser to look for your particular country. For example, if you’re from India, choose Asia-Pacific below and then look for India in the list of countries.
Update availability in Africa
Update availability in Asia-Pacific
Update availability in Europe
Update availability in Latin America
Update availability in Middle East
Update availability in North America
If the update status says Available, head to Settings> Phone Update and do a manual check for updates.
What’s new in Lumia Cyan Update
Besides the standard Windows Phone 8.1 features, Lumia Cyan also brings addition improvements exclusive to Lumia devices, such as Camera Enhancements, Updated Apps. Following is a list of some of the important changes:
- New home/start screen with a 3rd column of tiles.
- Custom backgrounds for start screen and transparent tiles.
- Action Center which provides quick access toggles to various settings.
- Notifications stack up in the Action Center and can be viewed any time.
- WordFlow Keyboard which lets you type using gestures. Similar to Swype keyboard for Android.
- Camera Enhancements (esp. Lumia 1020 and 1520) and updated Camera Apps.
Have you received the Lumia Cyan update for your Nokia Lumia device? Share your experience in the comments section below 🙂