WhatsApp Plus is a community effort. So while not being from the official creators, it has attracted a lot of users towards it and is proved clean from any issues. WhatsApp+ is free and works the same way as regular WhatsApp, but comes with various improvements and some little UI changes which make the WhatsApp+ experience unique. WhatsApp+ can also be installed on devices that can run Android apps like BlackBerry 10 and Jolla Sailfish. Furthermore, it is also good for devices such as Nokia X, which don’t support the regular version of WhatsApp.
Download WhatsApp Plus APK (Latest Version)
WhatsApp Plus is not available on the Google Play store and is even missing from a majority of the other app stores. So, we are left with downloading the APK files from the original sources and sideload it onto our android device. Here’s how:
- Open the following link in your phone, or tap on it if you are reading on your phone:
- Click on the big Download Now button (Latest Version is 6.0). This is blue because WhatsApp Plus follows a blue UI, different from the default green for standard WhatsApp. [If the Download is too slow or it fails, try the Mirror links that I have included later in this post]
- Save the APK file on your phone.
- Once downloaded, tap on the downloaded APK file to install. Depending on your security settings, you might be needed to go into your phone’s settings and enable installation of apps from unknown sources.
- Setup WhatsApp Plus as you setup the standard WhatsApp and start using.
Mirror (Alternate) Download Links of WhatsApp Plus
From now on, I will try to mirror the major releases on alternate services so that the download can be fast for the users. Only the latest (last released) version is made available for download
Change-log of WhatsApp Plus
Listed below are various additions made to WhatsApp plus in the different versions.
- Problemes with unread messages Counters fixed
- Other improvements and bug fixes
- Now is possible to share more than 10 images also from mobile Gallery.
- MOD 1.2.22 set voice note play/pause color in chat screen.
- Added Plus and Status icon to official widget.
- New MOD 7.13 to hide Plus and Status icon in official widget.
- Fixed bug with animated emoticons.
- Other improvements and bux fixes.
- New MOD 1.2.24 Don’t allow sensors to stop audio/voice messages
- Color Preferences simplified (CheckBox Preference to enable/disable color MOD included in same preference)
- Launcher Icon New Messages Counter should work now on Samsung stock, LG stock and Sony stock devices
- New MODs 2.2.2E & 3.2.2E to set different color for even rows in chats and contacts screen
- Other improvements and bux fixes