CyanogenMod is actively supporting lots of Android devices which are long abandoned by manufacturers and one of those devices is Sony’s Xperia M. CyanogenMod has started releasing CyanogenMod 13 nightly builds for the Xperia M which are based on Android 6.0.1 i.e. Marshmallow. Here’s how they can be installed.
Steps to Install CyanogenMod 13 on Sony Xperia M
- Before Installing CM13 make sure you have your bootloader unlocked. If you haven’t unlocked then follow the unlock tutorial.
- Make sure that you are either on CM11/12.1 build or on Android 4.3 Stock build. If you are on Android 4.1 then do update your phone to either of the builds. The reason for having those build is that they have different radio base band. If you install CM13 over android 4.1 you might be facing the following issues.
- IMEI Null
- SIM not Detected
- No Services
- Your device has at least around 50% battery.
- Download the latest build from here and copy it to your device’s internal storage.
- As Sony doesn’t come with recovery installed in it so you need to use the boot.img to get the recovery installed.
- From the downloaded ROM extract boot.img and place it in the folder where ADB is installed. (If not installed then you can get ADB Drivers from here.)
- Connect your device to PC. Then open command prompt and run the following commands one by one to install the recovery.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- When the device is booting, at the screen when SONY logo is flashing start pressing Volume UP button once you seen PINK LED at the bottom to boot to recovery. When the LED changes it’s color from PINK to BLUE means you are entering to Recovery.
- After you boot to recovery navigate to Factory reset and wipe data and cache.
- Now Select Apply Update and select the ROM and flash it.
- Once the flashing process is completed reboot your device.
Take a look at the video for better understanding.
That’s it. You have installed CyanogenMod 13 on Sony Xperia M. First boot will take some good time so don’t worry. Let us know if you faced any issue in installing it, we will be happy to help you. 🙂
Get weekly updates via email!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.