Planning to start a new website or blog? Then don’t keep thinking any further. 1and1 is offering .com domains for just 99 cents (i.e $0.99) for the first year. The icann fee is already included in it, and you don’t need to pay a single penny extra to get the ownership of your domain. In some cases it has been noted that they don’t even charge the $0.99 to the PayPal accounts. They provide it all for free.
Not only this, they’re also giving the chance to try their hosting services Free for 6 Months (Valid on Select Hosting Packages)
- Domain Registration Charges.
- Domain setup fees.
- ICANN fees.
- 5 Page Starter Website Builder
- E-Mail Account with 2GB Mailbox Space
- 24/7 Customer Support (Through Phone and eMail).
- FREE Private Domain Name Registration (not available for .us or .co and .ca)
Main Features of 1and1:
- Best prices! With 1&1‘s all inclusive pricing, you always know exactly what you are going to pay, and you will always find the best price.
- No catch! We treat you fairly: The price we advertise is the price you pay for a domain registration. There are no setup fees or additional costs- ever.
- Maximum flexibility! Use your 1&1 domain with a 1&1 web hosting plan or use it with a different web host. You can use your domain to set up an e-mail account for your website, or you can reserve your domain now and get started on the web later, when you‘re ready.
- No transfer fees! Already have a domain? 1&1 does not charge transfer costs, and you can save immediately with the industry’s best prices.
- FREE Private Domain Registration! Protect your contact information from spammers! Your privacy is important. That’s why, unlike other domain companies, we offer Private Domain Registration free of charge.
So, you think its a new company?
Because 1and1 provides all the services for so competitive prices, you might have been thinking that its a new company which is just playing market strategy to gain some initial customers. If you think like that, you’re wrong. 1and1 is about 23 years old, and with so much of experience, it could have been the most expensive provider out there. But, it isn’t. they started off in 1988 and running successfully for over 23 years. They’ve already won many awards for their nice service. Know more about 1nd1 here.
What should I do?
You shouldn’t do anything else. Just go and register your domain and start building your very own website. For small ones, they provide 5 pages free. You cannot find any other provider cheaper than 1and1. Please note that discounted prices are for first year only. You’ll be charged regular prices after that. Here’s a link to comparison done by some reviewer between 1and1 and goDaddy