Lumia Black update is rolling out to various Nokia Lumia devices throughout the world. While some devices are receiving it already in some countries, the roll-out to others will commence shortly. If you are not sure whether the Lumia Black update is available for your device or not, read on to know how to check for the availability.
Checking the Availability of Lumia Black Update
Because each Lumia device receives a slightly varied update package, the updates are to be approved by the appropriate country regularities and operators before it will be released for your device in your region. Nokia has created a dedicated page to check the status of the updates available for your Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 device.
- Visit the appropriate page for your continent using the links below. For example if you are from India, choose Asia Pacific.
- Scroll on and find the listing of your country. In our example, scroll to India.
- Find your Lumia device from the list of devices under your country.
- See to its right and if it says Available in the last row, you’re lucky to have the Lumia Amber update already available fore your Lumia device. Proceed with the checking for the update and install it.
- If it says Coming Soon, or Waiting for approval, the update is yet to be pushed for your device and is hence not available at the moment. However there’s a difference in the meaning of these two terms. Find it below.
If it says Coming Soon – The update is almost ready and undergoing just the last few checks and will be available in a few days thereafter.
If it says Waiting for Approval – The update is still undergoing the basic testing by the Operators or by Nokia. Update availability will take a few weeks in such a situation.